Sunday, April 12, 2009

Time to introduce...

...Little Miss to the ocean...

My Little Son loved the beach so much that I assumed my try-anything little daughter would enjoy it even more. I overestimated her apparently. She was rather leary of those waves moving a little too fast in her direction and kept giving them a wary eye...


And her displeasure at those waves actually touching her feet was rather obvious...


So we opted for a leisurely stroll up the beach away from the energetic tide...


A green rock obtained Missy's favor, and she clutched it tightly in her little fist for the rest of our walk. A security blanket of sorts. I think she felt safer with something to hold and take care of in a place where she felt completely controlless.


The addition of the green rock was just too much weight for me to handle (yeah right!), so I traded my squirmy (and COLD!) little burden for the camera. It was about time I had a turn to take pictures anyway ; ) Little Miss tucked her feet into Daddy's warm jacket and held on while he carried her safely across the sand and into a calm rock hideaway filled with tide pools...


Traversing the rocks...

My little sister having the time of her life searching for ocean treasures among the rocks and pools...


Daddy and Daughter resting on a rock to enjoy the salty air...


If you need a good foot exfoliant, just come to the beach... This is the most natural pedicure you can get!


We found the tiniest hermit crabs I'd ever seen. This one was about the size of a quarter and believe it or not, was the largest one in the tide pool!


Little Miss decided the beach was tolerable enough : )

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! I LOVE watching little kids' first reaction to the ocean. You just never know. Our little Hailey toddled straight in and threw a fit when we finally had to drag her out and go home. :P

    This must be Northern CA! Right? This doesn't look much like my home turf but I could be wrong. :-) I miss the beach!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena