...fav new phrase to begin every sentence with...
"Mommy, how 'bout...?" Seriously, I hear this phrase about ninety-nine times a day:
"Mommy, how 'bout... RAISINS!"
"Mommy, how 'bout... CHOCOLATE CHIPS!"
"Mommy, how 'bout... MILK!"
"Mommy, how 'bout... ALMONDS!"
"Mommy, how 'bout... SUPPER!"
"Mommy, how 'bout... VITAMIN-C!"
(Yes, she loves vitamin-C. I mean, can you blame her? The chewable C in my vitamin cupboard tastes like citrus candy!)
I love how it's never a question, always a statement. Sometimes she skips the pause between the negotiative phrase and the subject. Like yesterday: she was quietly watching Little Einsteins, swaying to the classical music piece (probably something from Mozart. Did you know she can SAY "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart"?! Pretty hysterical to hear an almost-two-year-old discussing classical composers with her Daddy...). Suddenly, she leaps up from the chair hollering dramatically, "MOMMY!" Which she followed with a very demure, non-negotiable statement, "How 'bout milk."
But most of the time, she interjects a pause in there as she mentally scans her list of favorite foods until lighting upon the one that she thinks I'll be most likely to give her at that particular time of day.
Occasionally she takes a detour from food-related subjects:
"How 'bout pichture."
"How 'bout Nemo."
"How 'bout bubble BATH!"
The funniest thing about this new addition to her vocabulary, as with any addition to my kids' vocabulary, is realizing how many times a day I myself start a sentence with "How 'bout...???"
"How 'bout a movie?"
"How 'bout lunch?"
"How 'bout a drink?"
"How 'bout we go outside?"
"How 'bout..."
You get the idea... Apparently I'M the one who needs to expand her vocabulary!
LOL! That was cute!
ReplyDelete