Friday, December 12, 2008

For everyone out there...

...who probably thinks I've fallen off the face of the earth, be assured I AM STILL HERE!!! We're having serious domain-name issues, and I no longer have access to any of my e-mails or websites. Yep. Talk about frustrating. Actually, frustrating is WAY too mild of a word, but I'm trying to be nice...

For the techies out there who care about such details, our domain name expired last week, and our domain name registrar didn't renew our registration for some unknown (to us) reason. For nearly a week now all of our phone calls, e-mails, and online service-tickets have gone unanswered. Even phone calls directly to the domain-name registration company are of no help as they insist that it's against the law for them to do anything pertaining to our domain name without the express permission of this unreachable human being who holds all the power. Even their attempts to contact him are in vain. No one seems to care that we REALLY need to be able to access our e-mail accounts and website!

Anyway, I have no idea when (or even IF) we'll be back up and running, so in the interim, I'm relegated to free-blogging (my own term for the free, pre-designed blogs that have gotten so popular in recent years). Some of you will be thrilled as it means that you'll now have the option to comment on my posts. But really, this is not my preferred mode of sending family updates. I much prefer to use my web-editor to design my own site layout. So know this: I'm only doing this for YOU :)

P.S. If you're ever in the market to register a domain name, ask me who NOT to use!

3 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!! We can make comments!!! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with your server. Does that mean you can't even get to all of your old blog posts too? Maybe you should just find a new one? I can't even figure out how any of that works. :)

    ~Mom~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. It's not a server/web-host problem. It's a domain name registration problem. Two entirely different things. The domain name tells our server where to post our website so everyone else can find it. Our web-hosting service is fine :) You just have to memorize the IP address, and who wants to do THAT?! We just don't have a domain name at present. AND, since I was doing my OWN blog, I have the entire thing saved on my hard-drive, so I can access it any time I want :D It's really a shame, though, because I'd "decorated" the whole thing for Christmas, and now no one can see it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must confess, I am interested in knowing which company not to use for domain names! I've considered trying to do my own website one day, and I have a "don't use these people" warning from someone. I'm highly curious as to whether this is the same company or if there are two I should avoid!

    (This is Nick and Tara's sis-in-law. I've been reading your blog anonymously for a long time. My daughter, who shares Nicholas's birthday, loves to look at pictures of him and Harper, and I enjoy your writing style). :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena